The City of New Orleans and Sewerage & Water Board began a $6M repair of Bourbon Street surface and underground infrastructure as part of the Citywide Public Safety Improvement Program on April 24, 2017. Work will take approximately nine months to complete.
updates on Construction
- September 11, 2017 Status Update
- September 5, 2017 Status Update
- August 28, 2017 Status Update
- August 21, 2017 Status Update
- August 14, 2017 Status Update
- August 8, 2017 Status Update
- July 31, 2017 Status Update
- July 24, 2017 Status Update
- July 17, 2017 Status Update
- July 7, 2017 Status Update
- June 26, 2019 Status Update
- June 19, 2017 Status Update
- June 12, 2017 Status Update
- June 5, 2017 Status Update
- May 26, 2017 Status Update
- May 22, 2017 Status Update
- May 15, 2017 Status Update
- May 8, 2017 Status Update
- May 1, 2017 Status Update
- FQIIP First Thirty Days Status Update (April 2017)
July 20, 2017 Royal Street 'pedestrian mall' closed during Bourbon construction
June 7, 2017 WDSU: Heads up: More construction, more traffic problems on Bourbon Street
June 7, 2017 WWLTV: Iberville at Bourbon Street to close for 3 weeks
June 7, 2017 WDSU: Bourbon Street at Iberville Street to be closed for three weeks starting Wednesday
June 6, 2017 TP: Iberville Street will be closed to traffic at Bourbon Street for 3 weeks
April 27, 2017 WWLTV: Bourbon St. employees say construction is slowing down more than traffic
April 25, 2017 TP: 9 tips for businesses dealing with the Bourbon Street road work
April 19, 2017 TP: Work to make Bourbon Street 'awesome' begins Monday
March 31, 2017 WVUE: Bourbon St. construction will address smelly conditions, traffic
Looking for work?
The City of New Orleans and the Sewerage & Water Board are hiring.
Find jobs with the City
Find jobs with S&WB
Connect to First Source
Want to do Business with the City?
In order to do business with the City, it is necessary that you register online through the City’s Purchasing Portal. If you are already doing business with the City you can view your purchase orders and past work history.
Looking to connect to relevant training?
The City of New Orleans, fueled by the Mayor’s Innovation Delivery Team and managed by The Network for Economic Opportunity, is enacting multiple strategies to provide opportunities for our most disadvantaged citizens and small businesses – preparing them with the skills, training, education, and support needed to fully participate in our economy, prosper, and reach their full potential.
Download the Road Construction Toolkit
While road construction can be hard on small businesses, the maintenance and repairs can be good for your company in the end. With this positive outcome in mind, we've created this guide to road construction. Whether you’re a seasoned business owner or the new shop on the block, we hope this guide provides some new ideas and helpful resources.
Download the toolkit
You can contact us directly at email@example.com
or by phone at (504) 658-ROAD (7623).