The scope of work includes:
- Reducing the 4-lane roadway configuration to two travel lanes, one in each direction;
- Constructing a Transportation Center to accommodate shuttles, buses and taxis;
- A wide covered walkway to protect pedestrians from the elements;
- New traffic signals, crosswalks and pedestrian signals; and
- Improvements to the porches at St. Joseph Street and Heritage Park.
The entire new roadway of Convention Center Boulevard, from Poydras to Henderson Streets has reopened. The improved boulevard features one lane in each direction with a cobblestone safety strip dividing the two lanes. With the completion of the improved city side of Convention Center Boulevard, crews are continuing work constructing the 7.5 acre public park that runs the length of the building.
The project is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2020. View more details about the project here.