Hard Rock Construction crews under the guidance of the Department of Public Works and in collaboration with Ochsner Healthcare Systems, Baptist Campus, adjusted the Freret Group A project schedule to ensure that all work around the hospital was expedited to accommodate the changing needs of the hospital and community. Crews have so far completed roadway operations on both Willow and Cadiz streets surrounding the hospital. All work was done in accordance with Centers for Disease (CDC) guidelines for COVID-19.
This $4M project was designed by Kyle Associates, LLC and will be constructed by Hard Rock Construction, LLC. The scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and/or drainage lines.
Details of the original construction sequencing and timeline were first made available at the pre-construction public meeting. View a copy of the public meeting presentation and details about construction sequencing here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).