The Michoud Boulevard Reconstruction Project was designed by Evans-Graves Engineers, Inc. and is being built by Cycle Construction Company, LLC. The now $3.3M Michoud Boulevard Reconstruction Project is scheduled to be complete by the end of January 2019.
New roadway has been paved between Lourdes and to Deauville streets; this stretch of roadway will be completed once the contractor ties in the new water line into the system. Sewer main line work is complete and contractor is installing new sewer house connections. New drain lines and water lines are being installed from Deauville Street to Dwyer Road.
The reconstruction project includes:
- Installing a new bus turnaround on Dwyer Road;
- Replacing the existing water, sewer and drainage lines from Chef Menteur Highway to Dwyer Road;
- Repaving the roadway in concrete between the Michoud Bridge and Dwyer Road;
- Repaving the roadway in asphalt from the Michoud Bridge to Chef Menteur Highway; and
- Installing new sidewalks and Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections.
Learn more about the project’s construction sequencing and anticipated impacts by viewing a copy of the public meeting presentation here.