In December, Palmisano construction crews began performing drainage point repairs associated with the Lakeview North Group C infrastructure improvement project. Crews are also performing exploratory excavation work on several blocks to verify the location, depth and size of the utility lines underneath the roadway.
Residents will be notified ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and/or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This $6.5 M patch, mill and overlay project was designed by Richard C. Lambert Consultants, LLC. The scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repave the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patch the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repair damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Install Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replace / repair damaged underground water, sewer, and/or drainage lines.
The project began in October 2020 is currently scheduled to be completed in fall 2021.
The City of New Orleans hosted a virtual community meeting via Webex in September 2020 to discuss anticipated impacts to the community. View a copy of the presentation here.
To be added to the project contact list and track our progress, visit roadwork.nola.gov.