Hard Rock Construction Co., in close collaboration with the City of New Orleans and Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans, are working together to restore damaged infrastructure in the Freret neighborhood as part of the Freret Group A infrastructure improvement project. The construction project is scheduled to be substantially complete in January 2021, upon completion of drainage and water line work on Upperline Street.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and/or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This $4M project was designed by Kyle Associates, LLC. The scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and/or drainage lines.
Details of the original construction sequencing and timeline were first made available at the pre-construction public meeting. View a copy of the public meeting presentation and details about construction sequencing here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).