In February, crews completed water main installations on Dwyer Road, Majestic Oaks Drive, Morrison Road east of Foch Road, Townsend Place and Virgilian Street. Sewer line work continues on Stemway Drive and at Foch Road and Pines Boulevard. Overall, pavement restoration for the project is at 55 percent.
The $18.2M Pines Village Group A project is estimated to be complete in late 2021, weather permitting. The project was designed by All South Consulting Engineers, Inc., and the scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer and / or drainage lines.
Access the presentation from the public pre-construction meeting here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).