Since late January, Palmisano Construction crews have been moving along with roadway concrete pours on the Lakeview North Group C infrastructure improvement project. In February, crews poured concrete on areas of Mouton Street. Waterline and sewer line work is ongoing; progress on sidewalks and driveway aprons continues throughout the project area.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and / or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This $6.5M patch, mill and overlay project was designed by Richard C. Lambert Consultants, LLC. The scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and / or drainage lines.
The project began in October 2020 is currently scheduled to be completed in fall 2021, weather permitting.
The City of New Orleans hosted a virtual community meeting via WebEx in September 2020 to discuss anticipated impacts. View a copy of the presentation here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).