Beverly Construction Co., in close collaboration with the Department of Public Works, began a final walkthrough on the Read Boulevard East Group B project in December. Final punch list items are expected to be complete in March.
The scope of this $3.6M patch, mill, overlay and incidental road repairs project varies by block but includes:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and / or drainage lines.
Details of this project were first made available at the public pre-construction meeting. View a copy of the meeting presentation and details about construction sequencing here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).