In February, Beverly Construction crews, in collaboration with the Sewerage and Water Board, began preparation work for water line tie-ins on the West End Group A infrastructure improvement project. This month, crews will begin connecting newly installed water lines to the existing water supply on 30thand 20th streets, as well as along Pontchartrain Boulevard. Once complete, the overall project will be approximately 85 percent complete and on target to wrap up in the spring.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and / or impact their parking and to access to their streets.
This $5.6M project was designed by Atkins, LLC and the scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Replacing damaged portions of concrete with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water and drainage lines.
View a copy of the presentation given at the January public meeting here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).