This month, Hard Rock Construction Co., LLC crews began tying the newly installed waterline into the existing water supply on the $13.6M Broadmoor Group A project. Crews are also working on roadway and sidewalk restoration.
The community will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and / or impact their parking and access to their streets. Residents are asked to continue to be mindful of “No Parking” signs installed prior to roadwork. Vehicles are eligible for towing if not moved within 24 hours of signs being placed.
This project was designed by Digital Engineering and Imaging, Inc. and is expected to be completed in spring 2022, weather permitting.
The scope of work varies by block and includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and / or drainage lines.
The City of New Orleans hosted a virtual meeting via WebEx in November 2020 to discuss anticipated impacts to the community. View a copy of the presentation here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).