City of New Orleans contractor The Three C's Properties, Inc. completed work within the first phase boundaries of the Lakeshore Group A project. The original scope of the first phase, bounded by Orleans Avenue and Canal Boulevard, is complete. The second phase, bounded by West End Boulevard and Canal Boulevard has started and is expected to be complete by early spring 2019.
In December, crews completed sidewalks and curbs on Gen. Haig, Amethyst and Lakeshore streets. The City is awaiting approval from FEMA on additional scopes of work that will improve drainage in the area. Crews have completed 92 percent of the original scope of work.
This $1.1M Incidental Road Repair project includes the following scope of work:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Replacing damaged portions of concrete with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersection; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, and drainage lines.
The City hosted a pre-construction public meeting to discuss the project’s construction sequencing and anticipated impacts. View a copy of the meeting presentation here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).