After taking a short pause during the holidays, Boh Bros Construction Co., LLC crews continued underground utility work and roadway restoration in the Audubon neighborhood as part of the $7.3M Audubon Group A infrastructure improvement project. This month, crews continued excavation and milling work on Hurst and Octavia streets. Water line work on Webster and Henry Clay streets continued in close collaboration with Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans. The project is currently scheduled to be complete in summer 2021, weather permitting.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and / or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This project was designed by All South Consulting Engineers, LLC. The scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and / or drainage lines.
Information about this project was made available at a pre-construction public meeting on May 21, 2020. The presentation can be found here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).