Beverly Construction, LLC., crews began roadway excavations and sidewalk operations on Regents and Roy streets in July on the West End Group A project. Crews continue operations on Kennison and 14th streets and will complete work on all open areas by mid-August, ahead of starting the reconstructive work on 22nd Street.
Crews also continue to work on new water and drainage lines in other areas of the project. Connecting the new waterlines began in July as the Sewerage and Water Board New Orleans (SWBNO) began to ease the moratorium on waterline tie-ins. Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption.
This $5.6M project was designed by Atkins, LLC. , Inc. and the scope of work vary block by block but includes the following:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Replacing damaged portions of concrete with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersection; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, and drainage lines.
View a copy of the presentation given at the January public meeting here. To be added to the project contact list, and to track our progress, visit RoadWork.nola.gov.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).