This month, Command Construction Industries crews continued asphalt excavation and roadway base work in the 1100-1200 blocks of Treme Street and on North Derbigny from Orleans Avenue to Bayou Road. Additional crews also began removing and replacing sidewalks and driveway aprons in the 1100-1300 blocks of Treme, and composite concrete work began in the 1700-2600 blocks of Dumaine Street.
The work is part of the $6.3M Treme-Lafitte Group A infrastructure and road improvement project that started in March 2020.
The scope of work for this City of New Orleans and Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans joint infrastructure project may include:
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer and drainage lines;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Replacing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons; and
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections.
The project was designed by Meyer Engineers, Ltd. and is scheduled for completion in summer 2021, weather permitting.
Information about this project was made available at a public pre-construction meeting held March 11, 2020. Access the presentation here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).