TKTMJ is working with the City of New Orleans to incorporate repairs to the boat launch in the Breakwater Drive improvement project. Final approval on this expanded scope is pending FEMA approval. Crews continue to work on the new parking surfaces and all work is now expected to be complete by winter 2022.
Residents will continue to be notified of the work schedule as details develop. This $5M project, designed by All South Engineering, includes the following scope of work:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections;
- Adding riprap and rehabilitating the breakwater retaining wall;
- Adding sidewalk along the retaining wall on both the north and west berms;
- Rehabilitating the parking areas along Breakwater Dr.; and
- Rehabilitating the boat launch area and parking lot.
Details of the construction sequencing and timeline were first made available at the pre-construction public meeting. View a copy of the public meeting presentation and details about construction sequencing here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).