Beverly Construction crews will be working more weekends in an effort to wrap up work on the West End Group A project in the coming months. In close collaboration with the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans, Beverly Construction continued waterline work on Center and 36th streets, with more areas to follow. Work on 22nd Street is in the beginning stages, with expected waterline work to be complete in May. The project remains close to 80 percent complete and anticipated to wrap up in summer 2021.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and / or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This $5.6M project was designed by Atkins, LLC and the scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Replacing damaged portions of roadway with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water and drainage lines.
View a copy of the public meeting presentation here. To be added to the project contact list, and to track our progress, visit RoadWork.nola.gov.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623)