This month, crews from Command Construction Industries continued pressure testing waterlines in the 2700 block of this Street and the 2500 block of Pressburg. Approximately 30 percent of the waterline testing for this project has been completed. Roadway base crews began working at Arts and Mexico streets this month and on the installation of ADA-compliant curb ramps throughout the project.
Construction on this project started in late July 2020 and it is expected to be complete in fall 2021, weather permitting. The scope of work for the $17.5M Milneburg Group A project may include:
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer and drainage lines;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Replacing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons; and
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections.
Mott MacDonald is the project designer. The project is funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). A community conference call about the project was held on May 19, 2020. You can access the presentation here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).