Crews began work on the $5.1M Black Pearl Group B project in December 2020. Contractor Infinity Construction is replacing sewer lines in the 7400 and 7600 blocks of Dominican, and this work will continue for the next few months. A full roadway construction has begun in the 300 block of Millaudon Street. Some work has been halted on this project due to high water levels and the proximity to the Mississippi River, but work will resume in those areas as the river levels drop by 11 feet at the Carrollton gauge.
Click here to view a map of the project, which was designed by Jacobs Engineering Group. The scope of work varies by block including the following:
- Full Reconstruction: Repairing sewer, water, and drainage line, rebuild the street entirely, and repair sidewalks and curbs:
- Patch Mill/Overlay: Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb and repair damaged sidewalks;
- Patch Concrete: Removing damaged portions of the concrete roadway and replace it with new smooth concrete pavement;
- Incidental Road Repairs: Removing damaged portions of the asphalt roadway and replace it with new smooth pavement; and
- Non-Paving Incidentals: Repairing damaged sidewalks, driveway aprons and curbs within the public right-of-way.
The City of New Orleans hosted a virtual meeting to discuss anticipated impacts to the community. View a copy of the presentation here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).