The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is currently reconstructing Convention Center Boulevard between Poydras and Henderson streets in the Warehouse District. The construction is part of the $557M Convention Center Development District Project that includes converting Convention Center Boulevard into a landscaped public park.
The scope of work includes:
- Reducing the 4-lane roadway configuration to two travel lanes, one in each direction;
- Constructing a Transportation Center to accommodate shuttles, buses and taxis;
- A wide covered walkway to protect pedestrians from the elements;
- New traffic signals, crosswalks and pedestrians signals; and
- Improvements to the porches at St. Joseph Street and Heritage Park.
The project is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2020.
The Convention Center recently launched a dedicated project website. View more details here.