After a preliminary inspection by the Department of Public Works and Sewerage and Water Board project managers, Phoenix Global and Hard Rock Construction LLC, the Lakewood Group A Patch, Mill, Overlay and Incidental Road Repair project is now substantially complete.
Hard Rock crews are now preparing for the final inspection that will close out the project. A primary focus is restoring grass in areas used to stage construction equipment and materials.
The scope of work for this $1.6M project varies block by block but included the following:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Replacing damaged portions of concrete with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersection; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, and drainage lines.
Details of the construction sequencing and timeline were first made available at the pre-construction public meeting. View a copy of the public meeting presentation and details about construction sequencing here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).