Continuing our infrastructure work during this trying time for our city is absolutely essential. Public safety is always our priority – with hurricane season on the horizon as well as deadlines for our FEMA and HUD dollars – we must push forward for as long as we safely and responsibly can.
The well-being of the crews working at our myriad job sites is paramount, which is why we are in constant communication with our contractors to ensure that all workers are washing hands regularly, practicing social distancing on sites and furthermore staying home if they are feeling sick in any way.
On our capital side, we currently have 17 projects under construction valued at more than $75M. Between maintenance projects and the Joint Infrastructure Program, we currently have 26 DPW projects under construction valued at nearly $160M. Work is continuing on all of these projects.
In the next 60 days, we will have approximately $200M worth of Joint Infrastructure projects going out to bid and $20M worth of capital projects going out to bid. Again, we will continue to thoughtfully move forward.
The RoadworkNOLA success stories highlighted in this newsletter include:
- District A: Construction on the Hollygrove, Leonidas Group A project is scheduled to begin this month. The scope of work for the $15M infrastructure improvement project includes: replacing/repairing damaged underground water, sewer and/or drainage lines; repairing damaged curbs and gutters; patching the roadway with asphalt; replacing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons; and installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections. View the presentation from our virtual community meeting here.
- District B: The $6.3M Mid-City Group A project was designed by Infinity Engineering and is being constructed by Hard Rock Construction, LLC. The entire project was originally scheduled to be complete this fall; however, additional scope has been added. All work is now anticipated to be complete in spring 2021.
- District C: The Westbank Group B project broke ground in late March. This $4M project was designed by Buchart Horn, Inc. and is being constructed by Fleming Construction Company, LLC. Click here to view a map of the planned work. Click here to view the presentation.
- District D: Palmisano construction crews completed installing new sewer lines in the 7400 block of Canal Boulevard and have begun installing new catch basins and connections to the new drain lines. In addition to new water and drainage lines, the $4.5M full depth reconstruction project also includes rebuilding the street, repairing sidewalks and curbs, installing a dedicated bike lane, and installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-complaint curb ramps.
- District E: The $3.3M Read Boulevard Group D project began in March. This project was designed by EJES Incorporated and is being constructed by Beverly Construction, LLC. This is relatively short project that is expected to be end fall 2020. Residents will be notified of work that will impact their access and/or cause disruption to their utilities.
Mayor, City of New Orleans