Construction is scheduled to begin in late March on the Treme-Lafitte Group A infrastructure and road improvement project. The scope of work for this City of New Orleans and Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans joint infrastructure project may include:
• Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, sewer and/or drainage lines
• Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
• Patching the roadway with asphalt;
• Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
• Replacing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons; and
• Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant curb ramps at intersections.
Designed by Meyer Engineering, Ltd., the $6.3M project is funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Command Construction, LLC, is the project contractor. The project is scheduled for completion in early 2021.
Information about this project was made available at a pre-construction public meeting held March 11, 2020. Access the presentation here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).