The $5.1M Black Pearl Group B project began construction in December 2020. Contractor Infinity Construction is replacing sewer lines in the 7600 and 7800 blocks of Dominican which will continue for the next three months. Sewer line replacements also continue on the 400 block of Short Street.
Click here to view a map of the project, which was designed by Jacobs Engineering Group.
The scope of work varies by block including the following:
- Full Reconstruction: Repairing sewage, water, and drainage line, rebuild the street entirely, and repair sidewalks and curbs:
- Patch Mill/Overlay: Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb to curb and repair damaged sidewalks;
- Patch Concrete: Removing damaged portions of the concrete roadway and replace it with new smooth concrete pavement;
- Incidental Road Repairs: Removing damaged portions of the asphalt roadway and replace it with new smooth pavement; and
- Non-Paving Incidentals: Repairing damaged sidewalks, driveway aprons and curbs within the public right-of-way.
The City of New Orleans hosted a virtual meeting via WebEx in November 2020 to discuss anticipated impacts to the community. View a copy of the presentation here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).