In close collaberation with the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans, Beverly construction will resume waterline work on the West End Group A project this month. Waterline tie-ins are scheduled for Center and 36th streets, with more areas to follow throughout the remainder of March / early April. Asphalt work is set to begin on 14th and 30th streets in April as well. The project remains close to 80 percent complete with a target for an early spring wrap up.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and / or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This $5.6M project was designed by Atkins, LLC and the scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Replacing damaged portions of concrete with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, and drainage lines.
View a copy of the public meeting presentation here. To be added to the project contact list, and to track our progress, visit RoadWork.nola.gov.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623)