After two months of water valve test closures, Palmisano Construction crews, in close collaboration with Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans, will begin scheduling waterline tie-ins on the Lakeview North Group C infrastructure improvement project. This work is set to begin in early April. Work is also progressing on sidewalks and driveway aprons on this project.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and / or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This $6.5M patch, mill and overlay project was designed by Richard C. Lambert Consultants, LLC. The scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and drainage lines.
The project began in October 2020 is currently scheduled to be completed in fall 2021, weather permitting.
The City of New Orleans hosted a virtual community meeting via WebEx in September 2020 to discuss anticipated impacts. View a copy of the presentation here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).