In March, construction crews from Wallace C. Drennan, Inc. began milling roadways on East Hermes Street, Lamb Road and Majestic Oaks Drive, and continued waterline repairs on East Hermes. In addition, work included roadway removal along South Laverne and Morrison Road, and sewer line work continued on the 6200 block of Morrison Road, 5900 block of Beechcraft, 6000 block of Boeing, 4400 block of Stemway and the 7100 block of East Hermes. Water main installations are now complete on Dwyer Road, Majestic Oaks Drive, Morrison Road east of Foch, Townsend Place, Stemway Drive, and Virgilian and East Laverne streets.
The $18.2M Pines Village Group A project is estimated to be complete in late 2021, weather permitting. The project was designed by All South Consulting Engineers, Inc., and the scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer and drainage lines.
Access the presentation from the public pre-construction meeting here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).