Beverly Construction, LLC., crews began wrapping up work on Avenue A and Avenue B this month on the West End Group A project. In early May, the contractor began preparation work to restore driveway aprons throughout both of these blocks. This activity is expected to be complete in early June, weather permitting. Completion of the driveway aprons means that Avenue A and Avenue B will move into substantial completion.
Crews also continue to work on new water and drainage lines in other areas of the project. Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption.
This $5.6M project was designed by Atkins International Ltd. and the scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Replacing damaged portions of concrete with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water and drainage lines.
View a copy of the presentation given at the January public meeting here. To be added to the project contact list, and to track our progress, visit RoadWork.nola.gov.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).