The $4.7M Lower Ninth Ward Northwest Group A Project is scheduled to begin early December 2017. The project was awarded to Fleming Construction Co. LLC, and was designed by the architectural firm of Burk-Kleinpeter, Inc.
The scope of work for this project includes:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb ;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing ADA compliant curb ramps at intersection; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, sewer and/or drainage lines.
The Department of Public Works, working with the Sewerage and Water Board, hosted a public meeting on November 8 at the Sanchez Multi-Service Center to address residents’ concerns and discuss construction sequencing and anticipated construction impacts.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).