The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center has been reconstructing Convention Center Boulevard between Poydras and Henderson streets in the Warehouse District. The construction project, which is now substantially complete, is part of the $557M Convention Center Development District Project that included converting Convention Center Boulevard into a landscaped public park. The contractor is finishing up a few details this month.
Scope of work for the project included:
- Reducing the 4-lane roadway configuration to two travel lanes, one in each direction;
- Constructing a Transportation Center to accommodate shuttles, buses and taxis;
- A wide covered walkway to protect pedestrians from the elements;
- New traffic signals, crosswalks and pedestrian signals; and
- Improvements to the porches at St. Joseph Street and Heritage Park.
The new roadway of Convention Center Boulevard, from Poydras to Henderson Streets, has reopened and the improved boulevard features one lane in each direction with a cobblestone safety strip dividing the two lanes. Crews also completed construction of a 7.5-acre public park that runs the length of the building.
View more details about the project here.