Command Construction, LLC, crews continued repaving open areas during the month of October on the Little Woods Group A project. With a large percentage of the open areas addressed crews are expected to resume water line work by the end of the year.
Crews will continue working on water line tie-ins, sidewalk restoration and driveway aprons throughout the project in an effort to get back on schedule. Residents will be notified of work that will impact their access and/or cause disruption to their utilities.
The scope of this $14M patch, mill, overlay and incidental road repair project varies by block but includes:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and/or drainage lines.
Details of this project were first made available at the pre-construction public meeting. View a copy of the public meeting presentation and details about construction sequencing here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).