Hard Rock Construction Co. LLC, crews are quickly approaching 95 percent completion on the Freret Group A project. The completed work represents the original scope of work that began in February 2020. Crews have completed over 90 percent of the asphalt work and 100 percent of the original water line work on this project. While the project is over 90 percent complete, additional work added to the project will extend the overall completion to spring 2021.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and/or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This $4M project was designed by Kyle Associates, LLC. The scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and/or drainage lines.
Details of the original construction sequencing and timeline were first made available at the pre-construction public meeting. View a copy of the public meeting presentation and details about construction sequencing here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).