Public safety is our priority as we continue our infrastructure work during this trying time for our city. With hurricane season still active, we are working with our contractors to ensure that their plans are finalized to secure sites ahead of any tropical weather event.
The wellbeing of the crews working at our myriad of job sites is also paramount, which is why we are in constant communication with our contractors to ensure that all workers are washing hands regularly, practicing social distancing on sites and furthermore staying home if they are feeling sick in any way.
On our capital side, we currently have 17 projects under construction valued at more than $78 million. Between maintenance projects and RoadworkNOLA (Joint Infrastructure Program), we currently have 67 Department of Public Works projects under construction valued at nearly $492 million.
The RoadworkNOLA success stories highlighted in this newsletter include:
- District A: Crews broke ground on the $6.5 million Lakeview North Group C project in November. Work in this project includes closed circuit television scoping of drain lines, replacement / repair of damaged underground water, sewer and/or drainage lines, roadway patches, and more.
- District B: To remain on schedule, crews have worked on the weekends during November on the $9.1 million Central City Group A project. Scope of work includes a full-depth roadway reconstruction, across a wide area in Central City.
- District C: Hard Rock Construction Co., LLC, crews are nearing completion on a $2.2M full depth reconstruction project in the 800 block of St. Ann Street.
- District D: An additional roadway project close to completion is the $1.5 million St. Claude Drainage Improvements Project. This is one of our projects funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Program.
- District E: Beverly Construction Co., LLC, crews expect to wrap up roadway restoration work on the $3.6 million Read Boulevard East Group B project by December.