The Department of Public Works is currently working with Barriere Construction Co., LLC to improve drainage on Henry Clay Ave. between St. Charles Ave. and Hurst St.
Construction on the $1M project is approximately 80 percent complete. Crews have completed installing new drainage pipes on Henry Clay Ave. between St. Charles Ave. and Benjamin St. and placed the majority of the new asphalt pavement. One additional layer of asphalt is scheduled to be placed before Halloween.
The project scope of work includes:
- Removing and replacing the top layer of asphalt pavement;
- Patching damaged base failures;
- Installing two 15-inch drainage pipes;
- Installing eight new catch basins;
- Installing new Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at appropriate intersections;
- Making minimal sidewalk, driveway apron and foot lap adjustments; and
- Installing new high pressure gas lines in concert with this project.
Construction is scheduled to be completed by Halloween, weather permitting.