Beginning on Friday, Oct. 23, City of New Orleans, Department of Public Works’ construction contractor, Boh Bros. Construction Company, LLC will close the 400 block of Royal Street to vehicular traffic for approximately 10 days to accommodate utility upgrades. The street closure will begin each morning at 8 a.m. and reopen to vehicular traffic at 5 p.m. each evening. Public safety is our priority; residents and commuters are reminded to use caution when driving, bicycling and walking near the construction site. There will be an NOPD traffic detail during this work to assist pedestrians and motorists.
The City is in the process of designing a full reconstruction project of Conti Street between Bourbon and Chartres streets. Entergy Gas and Entergy Electric are upgrading their utilities in advance of the City's project to avoid conflicts during construction and potential construction delays.
Questions about this project or RoadworkNOLA should be directed to 504.658.ROAD (7623) or email@example.com.
The City of New Orleans Department of Public Works (DPW) and Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans (SWBNO) are working together to implement an unprecedented program to restore our damaged infrastructure. Using local and federal funds, the $2.3 billion program is the most comprehensive that our region has seen in a generation.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ROADWORKNOLA
- More than $2.3 billion worth of DPW/SWBNO work across the City
- Nearly 200 individual projects — every neighborhood will feel this positive impact
- Project schedules coordinated to minimize construction-related impacts
- Economic opportunity for the City’s small and disadvantaged businesses
- Proactive communications so that residents are well informed throughout the program
See full Traffic Advisory here.