Beverly Construction completed several blocks on the West End Group A project this month, including portions of Avenue A and 20th Street. Crews expect to complete more roadways during the month of October. Residents will continue to be notified of water line tie-ins that may cause service interruptions, work schedule changes and activity that may limit access to driveways and walkways.
This $5.6M project, designed by Atkins, LLC. , Inc. is slated to be complete by summer 2020. The scope of work varies block by block, but includes the following:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Replacing damaged portions of concrete with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersection; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, and drainage lines.
View a copy of the presentation given at the January public meeting here. To be added to the project contact list, and to track our progress, visit RoadWork.nola.gov.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).