Beverly Construction, LLC., crews continue working weekends in order to complete paving operations on the West End Group A project. Crews have been working weekends and extended days during the summer months in an effort to pave roadways that have been open since May. Crews completed this work in September, ahead of starting the reconstructive work on 22nd Street and the water line work on 20th Street.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and/or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This $5.6M project was designed by Atkins, LLC, Inc. and the scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Replacing damaged portions of concrete with new, level concrete;
- Repairing damaged curbs and gutters;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, and drainage lines.
View a copy of the presentation given at the January public meeting here. To be added to the project contact list, and to track our progress, visit RoadWork.nola.gov.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).