SEWERAGE AND WATER BOARD TASK FORCE
The Sewerage and Water Board Task Force was convened as a result of 2018 Louisiana House Resolution 193 with the objective To develop findings and recommendations regarding the best strategies and procedures for the management of the sewerage, water, and drainage facilities and services in the City of New Orleans, and to report to the Mayor of the City of New Orleans, the New Orleans City Council, and the members of the Orleans Parish legislative delegation not later than January 31, 2019.
For information about specific meetings or presentations to the Sewerage and Water Board Task Force, click HERE.
TASK FORCE MEMBERS:
- Ramsey Green for Mayor Cantrell (Chair)
- Councilmember Jay Banks for the City Council Public Works Committee (Vice Chair)
- Ghassan Korban for the Sewerage and Water Board
- Poco Sloss for the Board of Liquidation
- David Gereighty for the Louisiana Engineering Society
- Elisa Speranza for the Business Council of New Orleans
- Cheryl Teamer for New Orleans & Company
* For questions about the Task Force contact Tyler Antrup at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sewerage and Water Board Task Force has completed its Report of Findings and Recommendations, available here.
The Sewerage and Water Board Task Force will be convening evening outreach meetings in each of the City Council Districts to solicit input on the shortlist of potential options for management of the Sewerage and Water Board. All meetings will be 6-7:30 p.m. at:
- District A | November 26, 2018 - Mid City Library, 4140 Canal Street
- District B | November 27, 2018 - Rosenwald Recreation Center, 1120 S Broad Street
- District C | November 28, 2018 - Algiers Regional Library, 3014 Holiday Drive
- District D | December 6, 2018 - Milne Recreation Center, 5420 Franklin Avenue
- District E | December 11, 2018 - Joe Brown Recreation Center, 5601 Read Boulevard
- SWBNO Task Force Community Meeting | Presentation
- Community Meeting Feedback Summary