The $3.3M Michoud Boulevard Reconstruction Project was designed by Evans-Graves Engineers, Inc. and is being built by Cycle Construction Company, LLC. This project is on schedule to be complete by the end of spring 2019.
Cycle Construction is currently completing concrete pours for sidewalks, driveways, and curbs from Deauville Court to Dwyer Road. This work will be followed by mill and overlay of the Dwyer Road intersection.
The reconstruction project includes:
- Installing a new bus turnaround on Dwyer Road;
- Replacing the existing water, sewer and drainage lines from Chef Menteur Highway to Dwyer Road;
- Repaving the roadway in concrete between the Michoud Bridge and Dwyer Road;
- Repaving the roadway in asphalt from the Michoud Bridge to Chef Menteur Highway; and
- Installing new sidewalks and Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections.
Learn more about the project’s construction sequencing and anticipated impacts by viewing a copy of the public meeting presentation here.