The Department of Public Works’ construction contractor, Fleming Construction Co., LLC, is 15 percent complete on the $4.7M Lower Ninth Ward Northwest Group A project, which began in December 2017.
Crews have competed placing asphalt and curbs throughout many areas of the project’s first phase (bounded by N. Claiborne Avenue, Deslonde Street, Florida Avenue and Caffin Avenue) – including N. Rocheblave Street and N. Tonti Street.
The scope of work for this project includes:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at appropriate intersections; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, sewer and/or drainage lines.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work in the area, visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).