The Michoud Boulevard Reconstruction Project was designed by Evans-Graves Engineers, Inc. and is being built by Cycle Construction Company, LLC. The $3.3M project is scheduled to be completed by the end of spring 2019.
Drainage is now complete to Dwyer Road. Waterline, base course, roadway and water tie-in work are on schedule to complete by the end of the month.
The reconstruction project includes:
- Installing a new bus turnaround on Dwyer Road;
- Replacing the existing water, sewer and drainage lines from Chef Menteur Highway to Dwyer Road;
- Repaving the roadway in concrete between the Michoud Bridge and Dwyer Road;
- Repaving the roadway in asphalt from the Michoud Bridge to Chef Menteur Highway; and
- Installing new sidewalks and Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections.
Learn more about the project’s construction sequencing and anticipated impacts by viewing a copy of the public meeting presentation here.