The City of New Orleans, Department of Public Works (DPW), in conjunction with the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans, began road repairs in the New Orleans East area on January 21. These repairs include:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb to curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing American with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersection; and
- Replacing/repairing damaged underground water, sewer and/or drainage lines.
The approximately $12.7M project was designed by All South Consulting Engineers Inc. and will be constructed by Wallace D. Drennan Inc. The project is estimated to be completed fall 2022.