The Michoud Boulevard Reconstruction Project was designed by Evans-Graves Engineers, Inc. and is being built by Cycle Construction Company, LLC. The now $3.3M Michoud Boulevard Reconstruction Project is scheduled to be complete by the end of spring 2019.
Curbs, sidewalks and drive aprons southbound on Michoud Boulevard at Deauville were poured. Cycle Construction is currently excavating at Dwyer Road to work on the last sections of drainage and the manhole tie-in. This work will be followed by waterline house connections and meters and then sewer house connections.
The reconstruction project includes:
- Installing a new bus turnaround on Dwyer Road;
- Replacing the existing water, sewer and drainage lines from Chef Menteur Highway to Dwyer Road;
- Repaving the roadway in concrete between the Michoud Bridge and Dwyer Road;
- Repaving the roadway in asphalt from the Michoud Bridge to Chef Menteur Highway; and
- Installing new sidewalks and Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections.
Learn more about the project’s construction sequencing and anticipated impacts by viewing a copy of the public meeting presentation here.