The Breakwater Drive improvement project has paused while the City of New Orleans Department of Public Works and the project’s design firm make assessments related to the original design. Possible improvements include a reconfiguration of the marina’s launch parking lot that would replace aggregate with asphalt. Currently, the pause in work will not impact the summer 2020 completion date.
This $5M project, designed by All South Engineering, includes the following scope of work:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersection;
- Adding riprap and rehabilitating the breakwater retaining wall;
- Adding sidewalk along the retaining wall on both the north and west berms;
- Rehabilitating the parking areas along Breakwater Dr.; and
- Rehabilitating the boat launch area and parking lot.
Details of the construction sequencing and timeline were first made available at the pre-construction public meeting. View a copy of the public meeting presentation and details about construction sequencing here.
For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit Roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).