The Pontchartrain Park Group A project has reached near completion of new waterline installation operations, house connections and paving operations. Currently, the contractor is wrapping up paving in the 300 block of New York Street, 6200 block of Providence Place, 6000 block of Campus Drive and the 3000 block of Mexico Street, as well as working on sidewalks in Prentiss Avenue between Press and Congress streets. The contractor is also coordinating closely with SUNO concerning work on Campus Boulevard adjacent to the university.
Hard Rock Construction Co., LLC crews are finalizing the final pavement sequences in the project and working with the Department of Public Works (DPW) and the engineering firm, Stanley Consultants, to design damaged drainage lines on Pauline Drive at Madrid Street.
- Approximately 800 linear feet of drain line will be replaced from 5444 Pauline to 5650 Pauline with upsized 15” drain line. Some of the newly placed pavement along this stretch will be replaced in addition to the remaining pavement which is in poor condition. At this time, we anticipate work resuming in early November.
- The drainage in the 5700 block of Pauline will be replaced and constructed under the sidewalk to eliminate replacing newly placed pavement. There is a conflict with the existing Entergy gas line under the pavement, so our designer is in the process of confirming the depth of gas line to determine exact placement of the new drain line. The full estimates and design cannot be finalized without this critical information and, as a result, we anticipate that construction may not resume until the end of November.
- The 5800 – 6000 blocks of Pauline (Prentiss to Madrid St) will include approximately 800 linear feet of new, upsized 15-24” drain line in the street. On these blocks, some of the newly installed base course (first layer) that has already been installed will have to be replaced. At this time, we anticipate work resuming in early November.
This $10M project was designed by Stanley Consultants and will be completed in winter 2022. As a full-depth reconstruction project, work varies block by block but includes:
- Repaving asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and drainage lines.
Information about this project was made available at a public pre-construction meeting on Sept. 22, 2020. The presentation can be found here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).