Boh Bros Construction Co., LLC crews continue performing underground utility work and roadway restoration on State Street as part of the $7.3M Audubon Group A infrastructure improvement project. A tentative schedule for paving of the roadway is set for this month. Crews are also continuing waterline work on the 6000 block of Freret Street; traffic has been detoured and accommodations to local traffic and the bus route have been made. This block will open in June. The project is currently scheduled to be completed in summer 2021, weather permitting.
Residents will continue to be informed ahead of any work that will involve utility disruption and / or impact their parking and access to their streets.
This project was designed by All South Consulting Engineers, LLC. The scope of work varies block by block but includes the following:
- Repaving the asphalt roadway from curb-to-curb;
- Patching the roadway with asphalt or concrete;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks and driveway aprons;
- Installing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant curb ramps at intersections; and
- Replacing / repairing damaged underground water, sewer, and drainage lines.
View the public pre-construction community meeting presentation here. For more information about this project and other upcoming work, please visit roadwork.nola.gov or call 504.658.ROAD (7623).